Sea-Doo Part Catalogs
BRP Part Catalogs

American Watercraft Association

International Jet Sports Boating Association

Personal Watercraft Industry Association

Friday, July 25, 2014  

Author:   Topic: 2013 Wish List options
 Dr. Bill posted: 9/27/2012 11:31:07 AM   

I stopped by my local dealer last week to say hi and check out the skis. He knows that I want a XPL type watercraft and he told me that several people every week express the same attitude. He really wishes that Sea Doo would produce a sport type ski again because he could sell several units.

800X-4rider posted: 9/26/2012 12:39:51 PM   

Been talking about the e-tec for years. No idea what seadoo is doing only selling boats. Hate the skis now. Yes, even the new rxpx. 800lbs isn't playful I don't care what you say.

MikeGTX posted: 9/18/2012 12:41:33 AM   

A reasonably priced, no frills, fast, non-supercharged three-seater like Yamaha's VXR. Sea Doo's re-worked GTI, the GTR still has too many bells and whistles. I have a 2000 GTX I bought new and am on my second second factory engine (400 hours on the first). I still love the boat and feel it is perfect for me. If I could buy another new one - just like it, I would in a minute. To me, Yamaha's VXR is as close as I have found, and will be my next boat if Sea Doo doesn't get off it's butt.

Dr. Bill posted: 9/12/2012 8:28:27 AM   

BOTH!!! Duh. They should compete in every market. That is what any healthy well managed company does.

Tiny posted: 9/11/2012 9:38:59 PM   

You guys just dont get it....

I am not trying to be ugly but they arent going to make a small light 2 seater...The few hundred people who say they would buy one today and the old 2 stroke guys arent the market share of what they listen to...

If you could sell 200 skis or 2000 skis, which would you do???

Dr. Bill posted: 9/11/2012 10:00:07 AM   

I still can't believe that BRP has not come out with an E-Tec springseat XPL. I would buy one today.

Its funny how BRP pushes the E-Tec and makes fun of 4 stroke outboards from Mercury, Yamaha and others, but their PWC are all heavy 4 strokes.

Since they now own the E-Tec technology and would not have to pay fees to Orbital, they could do this and make a profit.

Heck, I would buy another XP DI if they would make it. No new tooling required. How many deposits would BRP require to build them, 200, 300?

rjohnmck posted: 9/11/2012 4:12:24 AM   

A 600cc e-tech sea-doo under 400 lbs, an 800 cc e-tech under 425 lbs. both these engines are fully developed and are being used in the ski-doo line up.
My 190 sea-doo had a 580cc rotary-valve rotax twin and was great fun, heck I see some of these being trailered around today.

TLR posted: 9/2/2012 8:59:14 PM   

How about a IQ test. IF the new owner-wannabe can avoid the cabin cruiser he is allowed to purchase, if he can't avoid because he is too stupid to turn his head and look around than he get to be shark chum.

TLR

bigdon posted: 9/2/2012 4:02:01 PM   

I really liked the trip meter on the 2003's which was not on my 2008. Did they ever put that back on?

GP@PPG posted: 9/1/2012 1:19:25 AM   

I'd expect no more than bng. Sorry

David_HX posted: 9/1/2012 1:10:35 AM   

Tiny posted: 8/31/2012 9:20:20 PM   

There are some rumblings but they may be put on the back burner since yamaha brought a disappointing 2013 line up

kaybat posted: 8/28/2012 8:54:54 PM   

i haven't heard any rumblings at all from BRP.....hope that doesn't mean a "graphics only" update. Any news GP? :-)

jbrzez posted: 8/28/2012 10:36:30 AM   

How about concentrating on quality for 2013? And the attributes from the 90's skis that all the owners loved? My 96GTX owner's manual basically said "If you tip this machine over let us know how you did it" because that thing was stable as the dock launch. My 2010GTX bobs like a cork now. And has spent almost as much time in the shop as on the water this year.

Storage is the one thing I really miss from my old GTX. I could fit my mooring bouys, lines, life jacket, etc. Everything I needed to go out for the day. Now I can barely fit my wallet and phone.

Ditch the black color schemes too. Offer some wild graphics options and/or replacement seats/grips/mats in different colors.

David_HX posted: 8/21/2012 9:37:08 PM   

I'd like to see the return of the "Springseated Hulls"

Ac7purple posted: 8/21/2012 5:46:50 PM   

I had a 2005 GTX and really enoyed it. How about bringing back that classic design? 130" so it fits on a Hydro Port II & 52 gal storage so you can carry portable chairs.

800X-4rider posted: 6/22/2012 8:17:18 PM   

I'll be riding late 90's skis until the end of time. Absolutely zero interest in new skis. Not about price for me but a total lack of fun. 150hp X4 is quicker than any X ski I've ever ridden... and much MUCH more fun.

The 3D was a failure because it wasn't what the hard core group wanted. I wish this industry was more like sleds like it was before... they are selling Camerys with 300hp to us now.

Long live the X4!

dave911rsr posted: 10/6/2011 6:55:57 PM   

My RXP X is almost perfect. Too slow stock, but almost perfect now. Hard to improve, but they seem to find a way. I'm sure the new X is good, but I wish it wasn't so big.

jbrzez posted: 10/6/2011 3:55:44 PM   

http://www.sea-doo.com/onboard/sea-doo-fan-questions-and-answers-october/

Posted some of these to the SeaDoo Facebook page. The 1st 2 questions were from me & my wife. Not the answers I was looking for but at least they are answering some of the questions.

bcooley posted: 10/6/2011 12:04:51 AM   

I am afraid the failure of the 3D says it all about smaller, fun and wet! A great idea that did very poorly from what I could tell. And Kawasaki is not interested in a 4 stroke standup either as the SXR dies!

seadoo junkie posted: 10/5/2011 12:33:15 PM   

JB...that's so true. In 2001, the GTX DI...the primo supremo of machines listed at $8500 and sold for less (got mine as a leftover at $7400 and a $300 gas card).

I believe gas was bumping the $1.50/gal mark making everyone gasp at the "crazy" prices.

Today, super is $4/gal and the "loaded machine" is close to $10,000 more than in '01.

Wow. And I too have definitely seen a HUGE dropoff of Dooers on the river. Some days I can't believe it's July and 90 degrees. Where is everybody and why wasn't I invited? :)

JMHO.

jbrzez posted: 10/5/2011 8:07:28 AM   

How about a basic 2 and 3 seater model without all the bloat on it. 2 seater around 500-6000lbs. and a 3 seater 600-700lbs. Starting around $5K for the 2 seater and maybe $6500 for the 3 seater.

Something to get more people into newer Doos so we don't have all these posts complaining about 15 year machines dieing out. Back where they were cheaper you had a lot more people into them. Even with the economy in the dumper people are still in the market for fun but not at $13K range.

mattgsolar posted: 9/25/2011 9:35:55 PM   

xpl hull with a supercharged4stroke 2 cyl

under 600 lbs, hx size seat, 09rxpx steering

Diamond Watercraft posted: 9/24/2011 9:30:19 PM   

This is a great topic.

Just went to the BRP Ultimate playground and asked for a 2012 rxp-x 200 lbs lighter and 3 foot shorter. They looked at me like I was crazy! Told me no one wants a smaller seadoo. They also talked to me like I was some idiot.

How about better reps from the factory as well as the dealers!

Jersey785 posted: 9/24/2011 8:39:56 AM   

an xpl hull type bottom with a naturally aspirated engine that can produce 200 h.p. with no iBR,iS or any other type of gimick. reverse is fine as is the re-boarding step.
sometimes less is more.
a throttle that can be switched between thumb and finger.
and traction mats that don't swell and shrink and look like crap once they do.

Phantom Rider posted: 9/23/2011 1:49:55 PM   

Bring back NEON COLORS!

Tiny posted: 9/22/2011 8:40:42 PM   

A better fastening system for the engine cover on the Is models...These things suck!!!!!

jbrzez posted: 9/22/2011 12:17:49 PM   

How about just concentrating on building a better quality product? I bought a new 2010 this year and it has spent more time in the shop fixing Sea-Doo add-ons because the first ones didn't work so instead of diagnosing the problem they just by default replace it. What is it going to be like after the warrenty runs out? Expensive, that is it in 1 word.

kaybat posted: 9/13/2011 5:19:16 PM   

larger gas tanks...not just in the Is models.

jbrzez posted: 9/13/2011 10:48:54 AM   

I still want an OEM radio option. Satellite would be nice too. And a Otterbox-type box with a MP3 input.

AlbertRXP posted: 9/9/2011 8:42:52 AM   

I brought this up to Rob last week. I think Seadoo should make an effort to prevent water from "pooling" in and out of the hull. For example, washing the ski after a long day should be no more than a rinse and a quick dry with a cloth.

I don't want to have to spray compressed air to get water out of some areas that would otherwise take days to dry. Footwells are the obvious one but there are others like the oild filter lid and throttle body etc.

Johnny K posted: 9/9/2011 8:26:26 AM   

RXP-X 260 $14,399

Won't be riding a RXP-X anytime soon.. )-:

Tiny posted: 9/8/2011 9:10:37 PM   

For those of you wanting to smaller better handling ski, wait till you ride the new RXPX.....

Vikesfan posted: 9/8/2011 3:25:43 PM   

I have been waiting for a 4 stroke XP since 2005. There has to be a smaller ski than what they have now. Even the smallest new Seadoo is over 2 feet longer than the old XP and a foot longer than my RXP. I would like to see Seadoo put the personal back in personal watercraft! The new ones are fast and stable, but they are lacking some of the fun of the old Seadoos because they are too big.

bigdon posted: 9/8/2011 11:55:16 AM   

a video player for the kids in the back?

David_HX posted: 9/8/2011 9:07:04 AM   

More cup holders... and for Gawdz sake, finally get rid of that Thumb Throttle Lever (on most models)

seadoo junkie posted: 9/7/2011 10:13:24 PM   

For the 3 seater:

325hp

180mm jet pump

more storage

seatbelts (just kidding)

Av8tor posted: 9/7/2011 8:25:02 PM   

I agree....make the brake optional. I hate that they back bass ackwords like the early ones.

Tiny posted: 9/7/2011 8:11:46 PM   

Realistically you cant beat the GTR...215HP 3 seater for just over 11!!!! i bet it will run circles around a VXR/VXS....

I agree, less black!!!!! No matter how well you take care of it, it will look like $hit in 3 months!!!!!

JustDooIt posted: 9/7/2011 9:01:11 AM   

An RXP or T that isn't black!!! More color options would be nice. Make the iBrake optional also.

Johnny K posted: 9/7/2011 8:46:19 AM   

4 stroke XP.

JK

jbrzez posted: 9/7/2011 8:19:19 AM   

Now that the 2012 prices are out there I just wanted to throw out a topic to dream about.

What option(s) would you like to see on the 2013 models?

Besides the obvious "cheaper" if you could write out the new options or even remove options for next year's models what would it be?

Reply to Thread
Topic: 2013 Wish List options
Subject:
User Name:  You have not logged in. You will need to type your user information here.
Password: 
Enter message below (press return after each line)

want to advertise on the largest seadoo enthusiast site on the web?.. click here

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 SEA-DOO.net All Rights Reserved

Sea-doo.net is not affiliated with BRP Inc. This is a user supported information and support site for the Sea-Doo Watercraft & Sport Boats products.

SEA-DOO®, SKI-DOO®, ROTAX®, CELEBRITY® are registered
trademarks of Bombardier Inc. and/or its affiliates. GTX is a
trademark of Castrol Limited, used under license.
© 1998 Bombardier Inc. *Trademarks and ® Registered 
Trademarks of Bombardier in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office 
and in other countries. All rights reserved.
All posts and emails to Sea-Doo.net become the property of Sea-Doo.net.
Sea-Doo.net is not responsible for inaccurate opinions and advise posted to Sea-Doo.net.